Please read this policy carefully to understand how we will collect, use and maintain your personal information. It also describes your choices regarding use, access and correction of your personal information.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time. If we make any changes, we will notify you by revising the “Last Updated” date at the top of this policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our website, or by sending you an email notification).
Who we are
[Life Kitchen], is a [registered charity] with an address at Mowbray Park Lodge South Mowbray Park, Toward Road, Sunderland, SR2 8DP and [a charity registration in England and Wales under number [NUMBER]]. For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulations 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), [Life Kitchen] is the controller and responsible for your personal information.
Email address: [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Postal address: [Mowbray Park Lodge South Mowbray Park, Toward Road, Sunderland, SR2 8DP]
Telephone number: [0191 514 4840]
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Third party links
What personal data we collect
When you use or access our website, attend a Life Kitchen class or event, or otherwise interact with us, we may collect a variety of information about you and others, as described below. Such information includes, but is not limited to, information about you which is in a form that permits us to identify you (your “personal information”).
Information you provide to us. We collect information you provide to us directly. For example, when you inquire about, book and attend our cooking classes, subscribe to our newsletter, use a voucher or make a purchase on our website, donate to us or communicate with us by phone, email, via third-party social media sites or otherwise. The types of information may include:
- Contact data, such as your name, date of birth, gender, postal address, email address and telephone numbers. We may also collect your job title and company information if booking corporate events.
- Financial data, such as bank account and payment card details.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
- Event data, such as your contact data and a record of your participation in our cooking classes or events as an attendee or volunteer.
- Your medical or health data, such as any food allergies, special requirements and educational needs you may have for enrolling into our Life Kitchen cooking classes or events.
Information we collect automatically. We may collect technical information relating to visitors to our website, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. We may also collect information about your visit, including pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How we use your personal information
We process your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy only where we have a valid legal ground for doing so under applicable data protection law. The legal ground will depend on the purpose for which we process your personal information.
We will process your personal information for the following purposes as necessary for the performance of our obligations under our contract with you, or to answer questions or take steps at your request prior to entering a contract:
- to confirm your booking with you, provide you with the cooking class you booked and any products you purchased, identify you when you attend the cooking class, communicate information about a future cooking lesson to you, and communicate with you if you request any changes or a cancellation, or in the unlikely event that we have to make changes to a cooking class;
- to process your payment;
- to issue a voucher to you (or to the recipient) and enable you to redeem the voucher;
- where you have allergy and dietary requirements, to tailor a lesson to you, ensure a safe environment at a cooking lesson, and comply with our health and safety obligations;
- to investigate and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorized access to our website, and other illegal activities; and
- to respond to requests or inquiries.
We may use your sensitive personal information, such as health data, to provide you with specialized services, such as disabled access to our cooking classes, where you have given your explicit consent to the extent required by applicable law (such consent can be withdrawn at any time).
We use your personal information for the following purposes as is necessary for certain legitimate interests, or where you have given your consent to such processing to the extent required by applicable law (such consent can be withdrawn at any time):
- to deal with any enquiries or complaints you or others make, to resolve issues and provide other customer care and support services;
- to send our newsletter;
- to promote our products and services and deliver you the marketing communications you’re subscribed to;
- to unsubscribe you if request us to;
- to manage our relationship with you, including to let you know about changes to our policies and terms;
- to request feedback from you after your cooking class;
- to continually improve our website, including adding new features, and to develop new products and services; and
- to (i) comply with legal obligations, (ii) respond to requests from competent authorities; (iii) protect our interests; (iv) protect our rights, safety or property, and/or that of our volunteers, partners or venues, you or others; and (v) enforce or defend our legal rights.
Sharing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties. This will only take place in accordance with the applicable law and for the purposes listed in this policy. For example, we may share your personal information with trusted third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf in connection with our website and cooking classes. The services provided by such third parties include services in the following categories: processing payments on our behalf, helping us to provide cooking classes, sending marketing communications on our behalf, and helping us to create or maintain our databases.
We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or a similar legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, and to any other third party with your prior consent to do so, unless notification is prohibited by the applicable law.
How long we retain your data
We will store your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which such personal information is processed. Please note, however, that we may retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically and reasonably feasible to remove such information from our databases.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications and our newsletter at any time, by using the unsubscribe link in the emails communications we send, or by contacting us using the details contained in the “Contact Us” section at the beginning of this policy. We may continue to send you non-promotional communications, like emails related to your booking or purchase.
In certain circumstances you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal information that we hold about you—specifically:
- Request access to your personal information. You may have the right to request access to any personal information we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the personal information, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the personal information has been shared, where possible, the period for which the personal information will be stored, the source of the personal information, and the existence of any automated decision making.
- Request correction of your personal information. You may have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information. You may have the right to request that personal information held about you be deleted.
- Request restriction of processing your personal information. You may have the right to prevent or restrict processing of your personal information.
- Request transfer of your personal information. You may have the right to request transfer of your personal information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us using the contact details contained in the “Contact US” section at the beginning of this policy.
Our website is not directed to individuals under the aged of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 16. If you become aware that an individual has provided us with personal information, please contact us using the contact details contained in the “Contact Us” section at the beginning of this policy. If we become aware that an individual under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
© 2020 Life Kitchen. All rights reserved.